As you are aware, the Kaeden Brown Foundation was created, in part, to fund a post-secondary education scholarship for a graduating student at North Lambton SS. Through the generosity of everyone in the community and our corporate friends, we were able to expand and broaden our vision to include the youth of our community.
The foundation mission statement reads as follows:
“The purpose of the foundation is to enrich the lives of secondary school students through post-secondary scholarship(s), as well as supporting the younger children in the community through sports programs and educational equipment.”
As stated in our mission statement, every June we will award a $5,000 of scholarship to a very deserving NLSS graduate that embodies Kaeden Spirit. But, to make sure we fulfill the second part of our mission statement, we will continually invest in the youth of our community.
The Kaeden Factor: is a term we like to use when we talk about all the great things the community and our corporate friends have helped us accomplish.
With your help, our “Kaeden Factor” is over $500,000 and includes the following:
- Awarded 11 – $5000 Post-Secondary School Scholarships ** as well, we have raised enough money to make sure we can award one scholarship per year indefinitely
- Sponsored the “Kaeden Room” Dressing Room at the New Thedford Legacy Centre
- Sponsored several kids events with Bluewater Anglers
- Sponsored Jersey’s and Ringette Equipment for the Forest Extreme Ringette Club
- Sponsored the children’s area at the Arkona Medical Centre
- Sponsored the Thedford Splash Pad
- Sponsored Local Olympian Tim Schrijver
- Donated a new Tennis Ball Machine for the NLSS Tennis Club
- Donated new paddles to the NLSS Dragon Boat Paddling Team
- Installed a Splash Pad in Arkona
- Installed a Multi-Station Playground at Bosanquet Central School
- Installed a new Time Clock in the Thedford Legacy Centre